Friday, August 10, 2007

More Grand Prize Goodies

By now, you're happily finishing up your layouts for this week. Hopefully you have found them as fun as you have challenging. So, it's about time to find out a little bit more about the Grand Prize you're working so hard to qualify for:

First up is Carrie Stephens of Fish Scraps. In addition to hosting a challenge, Carrie is offering up two $35 gift certificates to her Fish Scraps store; one to each of the Grand Prize winning team mates. Here is a little about Carrie from her site:

Hi! My name is Carrie Stephens, I have been addicted to digital scrapbooking from the moment I discovered that it was possible! I stumbled upon digital scrapbooking by accident while trying to find help using Photoshop to edit my thousands of digital photos. I stumbled upon scrapbook-elements.com and was awed by the digital world that opened up to me.

I create the graphics that I design at 300dpi for maximum print quality. If you are a paper scrapbooker and like the value and variety of digital elements, print them out and try them on your traditional paper scrapped layouts.

I am so happy to have my little home on the web here at www.fishscraps.com I hope to continue providing high quality original elements for everyone to enjoy for a long time to come!


We also are lucky enough to have the lovely and talented Traci Reed donating a $20 gift certificate to her Studio Traci Reed store at Scrapbook Graphics to each of the Grand Prize winners. About Traci:

My style is very fun, and realistic. I love grunge and highly textured papers and elements that give your layout that certain "POP!". I often cater to more masculine palettes (since I'm in a house full of testosterone!) but I am such a girly girl, that I can't stay away from the frilliness! I like to say that most of what I design can be used for either sex and practically any set of pictures, but you just can't keep me away from pink for long! Did I mention I was a girly girl?

Bree Clarkson is offering up two $25 gift cards to her store at Scrapbook Graphics; one for each Grand Prize winner. From Bree's bio at Scrapbook Graphics:

My name is Bree Clarkson. I started scrapping back in high school, when I realized that I wanted to document what was important in my life and things that I had done. It was never a serious hobby, though, until I had my first baby, Mason, in November 2002. I became obsessed, but soon the mess was too much to deal with and I would stop feeling creative. Once my second baby (Natalie) came along in April 2004, little fingers were into everything, and I was reluctant to pull out all my supplies from their hiding spots.

I still wanted to do SOMETHING, though, and friends convinced me to try drawing sketches. I got the hang of it quickly and started uploading them to my favorite galleries, and soon after realizing the success of it, I launched Scrap-Maps.com. Learning to do sketches digitally (I was using Paint at this point) opened the door for digital scrapbooking when it was introduced to me. In June 2004 I tried my first digital page, and 11 months later, in May 2005, I decided to take a shot at designing, with a goal of designing kits for charities once my skills had improved and I was known in the community. I designed for about 6 months before life got in the way and I decided to take a break, but was able to fulfill my goal in creating a kit for charity with other designers, and we raised over $2000 for the Kids With Cancer Society. I came back to the designing world in September 2006 with my new line of sketches and layered templates, which I've named Launch Pads!

One of a Kind Scrapz has donated two $25 gift certificates to their store; one for each member of the winning team!! OAKS has unique designs from fabulous designers like Faith True, Victoria Feemster and Dawn Wilson. Be sure to stop by and check them out!


The wonderful designers of Dragon Flaire Studios are donating two kits (an $8 value) to each of the two team members from the winning team. Dragon Flaire Studios has 12 designers, including Amy Teets, LaurasKathi and Jenna Nelson among others. They are a full-service site with inspiration, challenges, a community and more. Be sure to visit them and let them know you appreciate their sponsorship!

No comments: